“Fried fish” is my all-time favorite dish. Literally, I start slurping even with a thought of this delicacy :-)). I particularly love my fish to be shallow fried in an iron skillet as it gives a distinct aroma to it.
Sharing the most simple and humble recipe here. Give it a try and I am sure you will love it too.
- Fish slices – 6
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Kasmiri red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Lemon juice – 2-3 tsp
- Cornstarch – 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – to shallow fry
- Make marinade by mixing all the dry powders, ginger garlic paste, salt, lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Take the fish slices and generously rub the marinade over each slice.
- Cover and keep the slices aside for 1 hr.
- Take an iron skillet (or any non-stick pan, if you don’t have an iron one). Heat some oil and shallow fry each piece individually until crisp on both sides.
- Sprinkle some chat masala over each piece and serve hot, with coriander chutney.