Cake Rusk is an Asian dessert. It is light golden brown and crispy in taste and texture.
A quick but perfect breakfast with Cake Rusk, goes well with tea or
coffee. Follow recipe below to make these right at home. Enjoy!
- Eggs – 2
- Breakfast Sugar – 80 gm
- Maida – 125 gm
- Refined Oil – 60 gm
- Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Milk Powder – 5 gm
- Elaichi Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Start Preheating oven at 180 C for around 20 mins. In the mean time proceed to next steps.
- Make EGG MIX: Mix egg and breakfast sugar together with an electric mixer or stand mixer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Make MAIDA MIX: Mix together, Maida + Baking Powder + Milk Powder + Elaichi Powder.
- Grease baking tray with butter or shortening and dust with maida.
- Mix together MAIDA MIX and EGG MIX.
- Add refined oil to it.
- Pour mix into baking tray.
- Put it in oven for around 25 mins at 180 C.
- Take it out and let it cool for around 1 hour. Consistency should be same as cake.
- Lower the oven temp to 140 C.
- In the mean, time cut down cake into small pieces. Rusk size that you want
- Put them again in preheated oven (140 C) for 15 minutes.
- Invert side of cake rusk and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Take out from oven and after 5 minutes, put them on cooling rack and let them cool for around 1 hour.
- Rusks are ready. Enjoy with tea 🙂